Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Month To Go!

Distance: 8:37km
Time: 40:24

A month today the first race in Sheffield will be over and I'll be looking forward to the following week in Salford.

Tonight was all about upping the pace, I did the full run in a pace that would take another 20-30 seconds off my 10k pb. This was all the more impressive as this run took my up "the hill" - nearly 2k of going up hill.

I'm not trying to smash my pb every time I run but I am aiming to be as quick as I can be, the hill work is also useful as I've heard there is a hill at the end of the Sheffield run (Salford is nice and flat - no idea about Rochdale, but I can guess). But I am trying to improve bit by bit, week after week I can feel I'm getting faster. I feel another geek post on my stats coming on, but that can be for another day.

As at today I've raised £180 towards my target of £250 which is fantastic if you've not checked out my Virgin Money Giving site please do at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/DanYarwood - every penny counts!


No comments:

Post a Comment