Thursday, July 26, 2012

Back On The Road and Ignorent Runners

Distance: 6.96km
Time: 35:31

I've had three days off to rest after clocking up 42k last week. Feel great after my break and was good to be back out running again. My first though on getting the running kit on was "lets do a 10k" but then the voice of reason came out and told me to take it easy, do a shorter run to get back into the swing of things. That and I had a hungry wife at home waiting for tea!

I passed a number of other runners while out tonight, but nobody, not one, let on as we passed. If fact thinking about it I've not seen another runner (apart from at parkrun) who has let on. Are all runners grumpy? Even a smile as they pass? Very strange it's not as if there is that much to concentrate on while running, well there isn't for me anyway my mind does tend to roam, to the point where I think it's taken a different route altogether! So my question to other runners is: while you are out do you blank everybody else you see? Is it just the people near me? Come on Manchester, we are not that grumpy!

I know I've not started my 30k challenge for September but I am already looking at what I can do next year. Looking at doing a half marathon in February. Maybe next years challenge will be to complete a couple (no, not three!) halfs in a month. I'd love to do the Great North Run next September. Something to work towards in the dark nights of winter.

I've received my fund raising pack from Leukemia Research and I'm not in the process of setting up my Virgin Money Giving site (more money goes to the charity using VMG than Just Giving), once it's all set up and ready to go I'll start broadcasting it so you can all hopefully sponsor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment