Sunday, January 11, 2015

Manchester Marathon Training Week 4: Another Week, Another 100k

Monday : Rest
Tuesday: 14.5k steady run.
Wednesday: 21.5k medium long run to work & 8.7k easy to home.
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 17.3k medium long run to work & 8.9k easy to home.
Saturday: 5k Oldham parkrun with Jan.
Sunday: 27.5k long run.

Total: 103.4k (64.2mi)

This week has been tough. After last Sunday's marathon pace long run my legs have felt shot. Tuesday's run was particularly tough given there wasn't any recovery run on Monday, though I did do some yoga which helped.

The festive break was over so I was back at work this week which meant that my mid-week long runs were done as my morning commute. Normally these are done down the Fallowfield Loop Line which is a great traffic free route.


 The only downside to running down here when the sun doesn't come up until 8:20'ish is it's not that easy to see. I don't have a head torch and have seriously considered investing in one but the morning's are getting lighter again so I'm not sure it's worth it.

I've used the trip home on these day's to do my recovery run down the canal which gave me an extra rest day, and a lie in! No need for a head torch on that route as there are street lamps all the way.

So four weeks in, how am I feeling? The miles have jumped up and I'll be honest I am feeling it but I am nowhere near the fatigue levels I was at this time last year on an arguably an easier training plan. I'm guessing that's due to having another year of running under my belt.

Next week is a recovery week, just the 55 miles then. 

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you want to borrow a head torch for a while. I'm not using it at the moment ;) Simon.

    ReplyDelete