Thursday, June 25, 2015

Race Report: Sale Sizzler 2015 #1

Sale Sizzler's they live up to their name. This is the fifth Sizzler I've done and at twenty-three degrees this was the coolest conditions yet.

I'm feeling relatively good running wise at the moment but never run that well in warm conditions. I was covered in sweat after a warm up so had a nice chill out on the grass by the track for the last fifteen minutes before the start.


The Sizzlers are fast; the winner normally finishes in about fourteen minutes and my 5k PB was set here last summer. Starting on a running track is never good as I always set off too fast and so it proved tonight. The course is pan flat which I'm still not sure if it makes it easier or harder as there is no let up over the entire 5k. I was feeling good over the first two miles but that final mile started to hurt as the lactic started to fill my legs. I dug in as much as I could and somehow I manged to put a burst on a pick off five or six people as I closed in on the finish line but my finish time of 19:05 was a little disappointing as I'd expected to dip under nineteen minutes. It's still my fastest 5k of the year and there are three more races to go at!

No comments:

Post a Comment