Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Road to Chester : Week 15.5 - Max HR Training

Miles this week: 8'ish

The taper is in full flow I've ran twice this week and can't wait for race day. All was going well until this afternoon when my phone goes at work :

"Mr Yarwood this is Shane from LateRooms.com I'm ringing about your booking for this Saturday. The hotel has been flooded and won't be able to accommodate you"

Crap.

A swift look at the net showed there wasn't much on Chester for Saturday. One for about £500 but that was a little out of my price range. Even the Beaumont was booked up, that's how full Chester is this weekend.

Panic begins to set in. I've got travel to and from the race but nowhere to sleep that night. What do I do? Four months of training down the pan for a leaky roof? I don't even know anyone in Chester I could ask for a crash at!

I've managed to find a hotel, it's five miles out of the centre but it's a bed.

This all happened over about half an hour which gave my heart a better work out than the run at lunch with Mike.

Now for two days rest with no more shocks like that - I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment